With the 2014 DiG Festival exactly 6 months away we are very excited to announce the confirmed Speakers and Workshops* so far.
We are thrilled that we have attracted such a diverse and fascinating roster of presenters from around the globe. So far we have representation from United Kingdom (1), United States (3), New Zealand (2) and, of course, Australia.
These are the first round of confirmed speakers* and we still have many announcements to follow. The organising committee is still in discussions with several big names and will share more with you as soon as possible. We will also be announcing a whole new stream of content in the next week. Stay tuned…..
- Pip Cleaves (Sydney) – The Why & How of Storytelling for Innovation & Business
- Clinton Cowin (Sydney) – The Mobile Revolution: Paper to Cloud in the Trades & Services Industries
- Gary Ellem, Newcastle Innovation / University of Newcastle – Designing a Car That You Don’t Want to Own
- Nancy Georges (Sydney) – Why Every Business is a Retailer
- Con Georgio (Sydney) – One Million Acts of Innovation
- Bane Hunter, CEO at The Loop (USA / Sydney) – Darwin Was Wrong! Survival Tools for Your Digital Startup
- Christian Lafrance, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (Sydney) – Innovation is an Unbalancing Act
- Dr Timothy Rayner (Sydney) – The Collaborative Economy
- Phil Smart (Newcastle) – Burning Man Festival and Radical Inclusion
- Chris Ward (Melbourne) – The Lean & Agile Non-Profit
- Jed White (USA) – The Boulder Experience: Creating a Tech-city Ecosystem
- Kali Williams (USA) – (updated) Bossy or Bro? How not to be a douche in a digital age
- Michelle Williams, CEO at Ideaction (Sydney) – Participation is the New Consumption
- Zac Zavos, MD at Conversant Media (Newcastle) – Insights from a Post that Went Viral
- Creativity & Innovation on a Shoestring – Heidi Alexandra Pollard & Christina Gerakiteys (Newcastle)
- Customer service in the Age of “Me” – Nancy Georges (Sydney)
- The Design Thinking Challenge (competition) – Mark Hutton, Senior User Experience Consultant at Optimal Experience (United Kingdom / Sydney)
- Lean UX in Practice – Aleks Witko, User Experience Lead at 99Designs (Melbourne)
(still in development)
- The Future of Retail
- Technology in Education – robotics, industrial design and the Internet of Things
- Audience Engagement in the Arts
- Media in the Digital Age
- Managing Risks to Young People Online – cyber bullying, self-harm & eating disorders
- How Technology is Revolutionising Health Care / Mental Health Care
*Note: all speakers, workshops and panels are subject to change up until day of the event. Information correct at time of publishing.